CALL FOR ARTISTS!
Download the entry form here!
The Gallery@37, located on Elizabeth Street in downtown Derby, is an impressive space... with a warm and relaxed atmosphere, the Valley Arts Counil invites the public to come by and check out our broad range of eclectic art from all mediums created by our VAC members, all of whom are based locally.
The Gallery@37 is open on Thursdays from 1-4pm, Fridays & Saturdays from 4-8pm, and Sundays from 4-6pm or by appointment, and please continue to check back for expanded weekday hours.
The Gallery@37 is our way of gaining access to a community of art enthusiasts in the valley and beyond. With Archie Moore's at one end, Connie's just up the street, the Valley Center of the Arts and Ballroom Dance Studio close by, our location in couldn't be better. Diners to area restaurants who use the municipal garage can't help but see the bright green gallery sign above the window and the streets lined with VAC banners, making the gallery visible from Route 8.
They say art can transform a community and this gallery proves it.
Artwork by Valley Arts Council members can be submitted by visiting the gallery directly. Below are instructions for submitting artwork:
- You must be a member in-good-standing in order to submit artwork to the gallery
- Paintings, sculptures and most mixed media pieces require single entries, while items such as jewelery, ornaments, cards or mini canvases can be entered as a collection
- The hanging fee for displaying work at the gallery is $20 per piece (or per collection) or 2hrs (1 shift) of gallery sitting time per piece (or per collection) members can submit as many pieces as you like
- Submissions can be made directly to the Gallery@37, where they will be signed-in (artwork entry form) and payment (whether by cash/check/credit card or gallery shift) will be arranged
- Pieces or collections display for 6-week cycles at which time they can be renewed for another 6-weeks (at the same payment terms) or signed-out (artwork removal form) from the gallery
- Members are welcome to submit artwork during regular gallery hours or by pre-arrangement at any other time
- All paintings and hanging artwork require an eyelet & wire setup (no saw-tooth hangers please) for secure hanging
- Artwork which is not currently signed into the gallery and not on the display schedule must be picked up and removed. Any artwork left in this condition over 90 days becomes the property of the VAC and is subject to sale with all proceeds going to the VAC. The gallery is NOT responsible for artwork or items left over 90 days.
37 Elizabeth Street
Derby, CT 06418
Tuesday 6PM - 8PM
Wednesday 2PM - 6PM
Thursday 1PM - 4PM
Friday 4PM - 8PM
Saturday 4PM - 8PM
Sunday 4PM - 6PM
*Hours are subject to change!
Or call 203.516.0822 to schedule a viewing by appointment!
Directions to the Gallery@37